- Call the Flight Coordinator for quote information.
- Receive quote via phone, fax, or E-Mail
- Review quote with the patient
- Confirm flight with Flight Coordinator
- The Flight Coordinator will then notify the Medical Coordinator
|Lead Pilot:||Flight Coordinator:||Medical Director:|
|Alert Captain and Co-Captain.||Confirm bed availability at the receiving facility.||Notify Medical Team of the upcoming transport.|
|Obtain updated weather briefing.||Make ground ambulance arrangements.||Receive medical report from the patient’s physician.|
|Make all customs arrangements.||Complete all financial matters.||Select the proper equipment and medical personnel.|
|File a flight plan, customs arrangements, etc.||Update sending facility of all arrangements made.||Discuss the flight with the patient & family if needed.|
- Flight Team meets the patient at their bedside and obtains an updated medical report.
- The patient, Flight Team and family are transported to the airport.
- The patient, family and belongings board the aircraft.
- The Flight Team remains in contact with the Flight Coordinator throughout the flight and updates you as to the patient’s condition.
- An ambulance waits for our arrival and the Flight Team accompanies the patient to the receiving facility.
- The patient is admitted at the receiving facility.
- The Flight Coordinator notifies you as to how pleased the patient and family were with the flight.